Leading the IndustryThe Unisyn OpenElect Voting System is designed to meet or exceed the security requirements defined as part of the 2005 Voluntary Voting System Guidelines (VVSG) Certification from the Election Assistance Commission (EAC).
- Security controls that limit or detect access to critical systems and data
- System functions that validate executables and election data before allowing voting to proceed
- Continual validation of redundant storage locations to ensure integrity of cast votes
- Comprehensive recovery and validation to ensure data integrity in the case of system failure
- Strong encryption and digital signatures to prevent and detect unauthorized access
- Physical measures, coupled with comprehensive procedures, ensure proper and effective security and integrity during equipment preparation, testing, repair and use